Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Yes, some people say to me you're too skinny, but never a skinny person says that to me, only people who could lose a few pounds say that.


   The title of this post is a Karl Lagerfeld quote. He is too funny. You know, in a bit of a rude way.
   I'm currently visiting my lovely best friend, Damian, in Jupiter, Florida. Today was such a wonderful day: it was cloudy and windy and not too hot (although the wind did make me take my yoga inside). Together, we drove to the Goodwill near his house. I purchased two scarves that I cannot fathom why someone would give away (but am entirely grateful they did, one was a chain print which brings to mind Cavalli), a plaid leather backpack, and a loose-fitted creme button down Liz Claiborne shirt (I cannot wait to wear it over a pencil skirt with that new scarf). There was a very nice looking boy at the store, which is a rarity. He left before I had the chance to shamelessly flirt with him. I almost cried. Not really. And, then there was the Coach bag at the register for $45. It was brand new. I'm going back tomorrow to purchase it as a belated birthday present for my mother, who has always wanted Coach, but has never had the funds. 
   Anyway, we were supposed to spend time with another friend of ours today, but she couldn't make it, so we took photos of what we wore today. We had to walk a long way to get to this grassland, but I think it was worth it. We only got rained on a bit as we walked back to his house. Tropical storms mean nothing to us. And it really hit the Gulf coast, so we only got the dregs of a storm.
   For the past three hours, we have been sitting on the internet, editing pictures (though, I'm pretty sure I didn't edit any of these), going on Tumblr, and doing pointless things in general. Completely ignoring each other. My generation is quite amusing.









bustier, forever 21; skirt, thrifted; sandals and necklace, target

The resort collections that came out today (well, yesterday; time flies when you're blogging) are exciting, so I'll post about those tomorrow. Christopher Kane's use of pleating made me salivate. It also made me a bit upset, as whenever I'm shopping with friends, they won't let me buy anything with pleating on on certain parts of the skirt. Guess who's in style now?
Christopher Kane Resort 2013
Oh, yes.
I'll write again tomorrow, depending on the activity of my social life.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment